The Safix Dish Scrub Pad is the ultimate eco-friendly kitchen sponge!
The scrub pad is made from hardy natural coconut husk, is plastic-free, easily cleans greasy dishes and lasts four times longer than ordinary sponges.
Available in 2 sizes:
- Regular: 7 cm x 10 cm
- Large: 10 cm x 15 cm
Most generic dish sponges are made of polyester or polyurethane (plastic) meaning they will continue to pollute the planet for years and years to come after you’re done using them. This scrubber breaks down harmlessly after use and it doesn’t trap bacteria the way the artificial polymers in ordinary sponges do. The Safix plastic-free dish sponge is an innovative all-natural kitchen essential for your waste-free home.
- 100% biodegradable
- Uses less dishwashing liquid per wash
- Won’t rust, or splinter after several uses
- Durable & can be folded in use if needed
- Safe & soft for hands & nails
- Easily removes greasy & burn stains, suitable for non-stick pans
- Surface-friendly, won’t scratch or scuff delicate surfaces
- Suitable for home composting
- Use exactly as you would a generic dish sponge or scourer.
- Rinse under running water after use.
- Leave on the drying rack to air dry.
- Your Safix dish scrub pad will last several months (3-4 months on average) with proper care.
How To Dispose Of Your Safix Scrub?
- Cut it into pieces and plant it in your garden.
- Pop it into your compost heap.
- Use it as an all-natural firelighter at your next braai.
Product of India.
- We do not have alternatives like this available in SA currently. The sponges create employment for hundreds of women in rural India.
To shop for our other products, click here.
To read about how we achieve carbon-negative delivery, click here.